History

Establishment of the Port of Longview was made possible by the 1911 Washington law that first authorized citizens to form port districts. In 1921 local citizens voted to authorize the creation of a port district and the Port of Kelso was established. Its history, including the change to the Port of Longview, spans almost a century.

The subpages of this history section highlight significant events during each decade that shaped the Port's history.